The Community Garden Society of St. Paul is a non-profit society with a Board of Directors made up of gardeners, representatives from various community agencies and supporters of the garden.
Board of Directors:
Provides direction and motivation while helping to shape and develop the Society by:
- Planning and setting goals ;
- Fundraising ;
- Providing leadership and active participation at special events ;
- Representing the community gardens at public events ;
Click here to see a list of the Board of Directors!
- Community gardens will strenghten the individual and the community by provide an opportunity for citizens of all ages and incomes of St. Paul and area to engage with their community. They will find enjoyment, activity, relaxation and improved nutrition through gardening. Building community partnerships and connecting with gardeners will help build a vibrant and supportive neighborhood.
Objectives of the Society:
- Enhance food security and reduce isolation ;
- Improve the quality of individuals’ diet, and improve their health ;
- Strengthen family and community connections, particularly inter-generational relationships ;
- Improve knowledge of gardening, urban ecology and related skills ;
- Establish collaborative partnerships with community organizations.
Our Garden Sites:
- Servus Community Garden - Countysite
- housed on 2 acres of the Centre for Excellence located west of the St. Paul Municipal Seed Cleaning Plant
- Servus Community Garden - Townsite
- located on 2 lots on 53 Avenue between the Family DayHome Society Office and the Crisis Centre
- Heritage Homes Community Garden
- raised bed garden boxes located near Phase I & II
- Elk Point Heritage Homes
- Vilna Lodge